Supply Chain Harmony - Logistics and Trade Compliance
Synchronized for Optimal Performance
Expertise - Research - Solutions - Support - Training
International and Domestic Transportation
Supply Chain Management
Trade and Regulatory Compliance
Evaluations, Implementations and Training
Experience at your Service
Albert Saphir is a senior trade compliance and international supply chain consultant with 40+ years of management and training experience in international and domestic logistics, transportation management, supply chain security and import-export operations and compliance. He has worked for multinational and SME companies during his career in the US and Germany and has done extensive work related to US import and export trade compliance program developments (CBP, BIS and other US government agencies), global trade security initiatives such as CTPAT, AMS/ACE Ocean, ISF (Importer Security Filing). Albert has provided extensive support, training, audit, compliance program and start-up assistance to OTIs (Ocean Transportation Intermediaries) on FMC compliance to US and foreign OTIs and NVOCCs. He has broad transportation service, pricing and negotiation knowledge with ocean, air, truck and parcel shipping modes. Client projects often involve transportation RFI/RFQ/RFP facilitation, freight and/or customs/trade compliance audits, CTPAT implementations and audits, development and implementation of new trade compliance and/or logistics concepts to improve overall supply chain capabilities and performance. His primary activity is focused around client education, process improvement and training.
Trade & Regulatory Training & Compliance Services
• Global executive management training seminars
• CTPAT: Planning, program development, implementation, training
• ISF: Evaluations, strategies, solutions, implementation
• Global training sessions and workshops on US trade compliance and security, international commercial logistics and transportation
• Import and export compliance reviews, evaluations, trade compliance program development, CBP, HTSUS, Census FT Schedule B, BIS, EAR, ECCN, DDTC, ITAR
• Implementation of best practices for US importers and exporters
• FTA compliance and program implementation
• FMC OTI compliance training and license application support
• TSA IAC compliance training and support services
Transportation RFP & Freight Management Services
• Freight audits (air, ocean, truck and parcel), value analysis
• Negotiations/RFP management for air, ocean, truck and parcel modes
• Forwarding software solutions assessments
• Logistics, 3PL, supply chain evaluation, benchmarking, qualitative service assessments
• Company startup assistance, mergers and acquisitions, recruiting
• Global transportation and logistics market research
Albert Saphir has been an independent logistics and trade compliance consultant for over 20 years and is a licensed US Customs Broker and CCS participant. He holds the German equivalent of a BS in International Transportation and is fluent in German with basic knowledge of Spanish and French. He is an active member of ICPA, the leading membership organization for international trade compliance professionals. Past industry association memberships include CSCMP, ISM, NASSTRAC, AAEI, NDTA (lifetime member) and NITL.
Albert is a SAM registered contractor for US government projects (CAGE Code: 5UFW2) .
He has presented at many industry conferences (including ICPA, NITL, ISM, NASSTRAC, CSCMP SFL RT, NFA) and has been a frequent contributor to many trade publications including American Shipper/FreightWaves, JoC, Logistics Management, FlyingTypers, GAC World, APICS and many others.
In the past, Albert has served on the NITL Ocean Committee, CSCMP SFL RT Board and on the BOD for a 3PL. He is also a member of the Miami Dade College and Broward College SCM Advisory Committees.
Maritime Logistics Training Course
Since 2014, in cooperation with Joe Espinosa (Florida Shipowners Group Inc.), we have been offering a uniquely designed and highly rated 2-day public training program known as Maritime Logistics Training Course. Typically, we have had two workshops per year in South Florida with no more than 30 participants. In October 2020 we launched our first virtual online version of this popular course due to the limitations placed on everyone by COVID-19, spread out over four half-day sessions to better accommodate attendees business obligations. Once again we had excellent feedback and are planning to have our 15th edition course in virtual format sometime Q1 2021.
We offer special client discounts -- please contact us for further details.
Additional information can be found on our course website: https://www.marlogseminar.com/
Sign up to receive announcements on upcoming Maritime Logistics Training Courses